2017 Baxter Student Ambassador Program Launched
Baxter Travel Media has launched its third annual Baxter Student Ambassador Program (BSAP).
BSAP is the only travel and tourism student mentoring program of its kind in Canada and is committed to identifying the industry’s most-promising student talent in tourism and hospitality programs at Canada’s leading colleges and universities.
The program selects one exceptional student at each school as the winning Baxter Student Ambassador based on a combination of academic success, industry involvement, leadership skills and a skill-testing assignment.
With the support of industry partners – ACTA, Big Bark Graphics, Chelsea Toronto Hotel, Contiki, Skal, Transat and Travel Courier – amazing opportunities for travel, learning, and networking await the winning Ambassadors.
Through a once-in-a-lifetime internship, professional development opportunities and special event invitations, these select students will network with industry leaders, gain hands-on experience, and become empowered as they begin their careers in the exciting field of travel.
BSAP has almost tripled in participating schools since last year, from six to 16 schools enrolled in the 2017 program, including:
- Algonquin College, Ottawa
- British Columbia Institute of Technology, Burnaby, BC
- Capilano University, North Vancouver, BC
- Centennial College, Toronto
- Confederation College, Thunder Bay, Ont.
- Fanshawe College, London, Ont.
- Fleming College, Peterborough, Ont.
- Georgian College, Barrie, Ont.
- Holland College, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Humber College, Toronto
- Medicine Hat College, Medicine Hat, Alta.
- Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ont.
- New Brunswick Community College, Fredericton, N.B.
- Ryerson University, Toronto
- Seneca College, Toronto
- Sheridan College, Oakville, Ont.
The growth and success of the program can be attributed to the value industry partners see in investing in the industry’s next generation.
Meanwhile, schools see the value in exposing their graduating students to networking opportunities and field placement work.
The industry will be able to meet each winning Ambassador next May when their profiles are published in Travel Courier magazine.
Want to become a BSAP partner or learn more about the program?
Visit us at http://www.BaxterAmbassadors.com.