- Katelyn Fancy
- Conestoga College
- My travel style:
- Adventurous, educational, cultural.
- Three words to describe me:
- Determined, passionate, curious.
- My dream job:
- Destination Wedding Coordinator. It will allow me to combine my passion for weddings and travel.
- Most exciting travel trend:
- Solo travel. It takes a confident, independent and determined individual to take that leap and explore unfamiliar places alone. It allows individuals to experience the world in a more personalized way.
- One thing I can’t travel without:
- I hate to say it, but my cell phone. Especially when travelling solo. It allows me to find my way around and to capture moments I never want to forget. Plus, my parents would never let me leave without it.
- My favourite travel experience:
- Going to Paris was literally a childhood dream come true. I climbed to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower, walked along the Seine, lit a candle at Notre Dame, took photos at the Louvre Pyramid, and tried new foods like escargot.
- On my bucket list:
- My top goal is to visit every continent!
- Best travel advice I’ve received:
- A good friend and experienced traveller told me to always leave room for spontaneous events. Don’t plan everything as most of the unplanned experiences are the most memorable.
- My greatest achievement (so far):
- A three-week solo trip to Europe.
I feel a great sense of accomplishment in being able to say my first
trip alone, to a continent I have never been to, was a three week
trip to five different countries.